January 16th, 2012 | Other Projects
It’s 12 below zero this morning. I was just trying to heat up my frigid basement office with the space heater I’ve been using since 1987. I’m always a little nervous about this aging appliance and feel like I should probably replace it, but it works fine and so I don’t. But this morning I left the room for a couple minutes and when I came back the thing was in FLAMES. Flames and black smoke. I unplugged it and put it outside in the snow. Back in my office, noxious fumes and a scattering of black ash over everything.
Now I have lugged my computer upstairs, and set up a little office in the living room. I already have a drawing station here.
I’m very glad I did not burn my house down.